About Me

My photo
About me. . . I am a California native with strong European background and upbringing. I am a Christian who believes in being active in my faith. I have been involved with missions since 2003 and hope do continue doing this for the rest of my life. If you're reading this blog hopefully you know me or know of me and have taken an interest in following me and the work of God throughout Europe. Keep reading and checking in for updates! If you would like to receive my newsletter personally please email me! aansofie.guzik@gmail.com

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Painting

So I have never been terribly artistic. My skills of perspective haven't improved much since my 8th grade art class. But two years ago many of my friends in Santa Barbara painted and I want to give it a go. Art teacher's criticism be forgotten!I must say I was surprised with myself. Not that I am good in anyway. I wouldn't even call myself and artist, but there is something sublime in working with paints and creating a picture. I often put in some music and see what happens. Then I didn't do much for a year or so.
A week ago I went to the local art store (vibes & scribes I love you!) and spent 14 euros on some supplies. I went with a new friend that God has put in my life as a great encouragement to me. I felt so overwhelmed! When God plants you in a place, you somehow think that you will start growing right away. "I'm planted right? Okay, let's start growing!" (not that my time has been miserable or stagnate so far!)
Now along with the new season, I feel filled with more life and more coming from my heart.
I have decorated my room, my mom come to visited, Eoin is more in love with me than ever, I have new friends and now I am doing something creative! Life is good! God is good!
So without further adieu here is what I have painted so far! They are small, cause I didn't want to commit to any canvases being so unsure of what I could do so I got a little canvas pad.

The first one I did. I was really just testing out the brushes, but I thought I'd be hip and clever and name it Disjointed Angel.

Fall Flowers
Inspiration taken form a brooch my Mormor gave me.

Anchored Deep
I painted this for my new friend Coleen. I love the Scott Cunningham song of the same name

Hedged
I am teaching the Women's study this Friday (tomorrow!) on Gomer, the prostitute wife of the prophet Hosea. I got so inspired by the love God showed her, Israel and us today that I decide to paint it! Taken from Hosea 2:6 "Therefore I will hedge up her way... so that se cannot find her lovers...." I attempted perspective with the hedge and kinda failed, oh well!

Sown
Also from my Hosea line of paintings ;)
This comes from verse 2:23 when God has brought Gomer/Israel/the sinner to restoration and places her where He wants her to grow. in all my travels and moves, this verse has brought much comfort to me knowing that where ever I am physically I am planting by God. Not for friends, family, work or even myself, but for Him.
(and my first ever attempt at painting a hand!)

No comments:

Post a Comment