About Me

My photo
About me. . . I am a California native with strong European background and upbringing. I am a Christian who believes in being active in my faith. I have been involved with missions since 2003 and hope do continue doing this for the rest of my life. If you're reading this blog hopefully you know me or know of me and have taken an interest in following me and the work of God throughout Europe. Keep reading and checking in for updates! If you would like to receive my newsletter personally please email me! aansofie.guzik@gmail.com

Thursday, April 1, 2010

All right already!

Racked with guilt, I now am back to blogging. The longer I wait the harder it is to bring myself to up date. And there is actually things going on in my life! I don't have the energy right now (as it is 1:30 am) to do a retroactive let-me-cover-everything-I've-done-the-last-few-months post so will start with one that is short but with pictures!

Since I have no home to call my own, I take what I can get. And I have got a room.
A very nice room with lots of space and a great big bed and lots of wall space. What I did not have until recently was the money or tools to spend on fixing it up. But I was blessed with a bit of extra money this month of March; which went to paying bills without stress (always a treat!), blessing a friend with a day of fun, and getting things for my room!


I got a new bedspread, duvet and pillows!
I had been borrowing a set from someone in the church but now I have my own! I just got white because I am still searching for something pretty that will go with my "Kiss" painting.


Pretty much the same as when I moved in but a few new bibs and bobs on the windowsill and I hung one of my paintings above the window!


Some new hooks to hang important things on! Like purses and my house robe! The hook the robe is on is a lovely iron heart with and edelweiss flower a friend got in Switzerland! So cute!


I collet postcards, photos and pictures that inspire or awe me! I decided to hang them up on my main wall! The room definitely feels more "done" now.


And lastly, my corner! A shoe rack and cork board with jewelry! (an idea I stole from my housemate!) Plus some amazing stencil art my bother Nathan did!

So that is it! I felt quite pleased and accomplished after I did all this. I still have more I want to so we will see how it goes. I realized I need a good creative outlet. I had my jewelry making and had started painting in the States but didn't bring any of my tools with me. I think I shall go to the art store and get some paper and acrylics. That would do my spirit good!

No comments:

Post a Comment