About Me

My photo
About me. . . I am a California native with strong European background and upbringing. I am a Christian who believes in being active in my faith. I have been involved with missions since 2003 and hope do continue doing this for the rest of my life. If you're reading this blog hopefully you know me or know of me and have taken an interest in following me and the work of God throughout Europe. Keep reading and checking in for updates! If you would like to receive my newsletter personally please email me! aansofie.guzik@gmail.com

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

What a Week!

Whew! I have had quite a week! Amazing but tiring! Thus today I slept till I woke!
Monday (3rd) my parents and I left for the Calvary Chapel Missions Conference in Murrieta. All I can say about it is totally blessed! I went for the whole conference experience, not just a day or two as in previous years. I stayed in the dorms, ate the meals, went in the hot springs! And though it all my dear friend Annie was with me! Annie and I met in Germany but I was visiting my family and she was working at the Bible College. We both new we'd be best friends if we could just be in the same city for any length of time! So we are kindred spirits from afar! Anytime we are together though it so blessed and we can just talk about anything.
So back to the conference, the speakers were amazing! The line up was a good mix of bible text teaching and ministry sharing. I got to see so many people! Some that I haven't seen in 5 years! And I made new friends! It is just blessed to hear and see what God is doing in so many lives.
The conference ended Thursday afternoon and I drove straight to Sand Diego to visit another dear friend, Robin and her husband Ryan. I only had a day and a half to be there it was so good to see another friends. This is part of getting older I guess, you have friends in random places and you visit when you can hoping to never fully lose touch.
So Robin and I went to Coronado, ate amazing pizza and had delicious frozen yogurt! Then it was back on the road early Saturday morning to meet my parents in Simi Valley to condense to 1 car and head to ... get ready for it ... Magic Mountain! We spent the day riding the most insane roller coasters! A ... MA ... ZING! Then off to Olive Garden for Dinner and Best Western for bed then Denny's for breakfast. bEst family weekend ever! Sunday we went to Reality LA for church then off to one of the biggest Thrift Stores I have ever seen. Then home! Where Annie was come for frozen yogurt, bed and a ride to the airport in the morning.
After taking Annie to the airport I popped down to New Port to visit another friend Dannah, then straight up to Santa Maria for a prayer meeting.
The End! Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment