About Me

My photo
About me. . . I am a California native with strong European background and upbringing. I am a Christian who believes in being active in my faith. I have been involved with missions since 2003 and hope do continue doing this for the rest of my life. If you're reading this blog hopefully you know me or know of me and have taken an interest in following me and the work of God throughout Europe. Keep reading and checking in for updates! If you would like to receive my newsletter personally please email me! aansofie.guzik@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

O. D. C.

Officially a Dual Citizen
Hurrah! I just picked up my swedish passport today!
The (short) Story:
I had (foolishly) let my passport expire, then went to the consulate in L.A. this summer to get it renewed. Unfortunately they told me that because I had dual citizenship as a minor I needed to as an adult (between 18-22) declare my interest in still being a citizen. Ok, no problem, lets do that. Wrong! They needed all these documents that my parents had in Germany! So I waited until I got to Germany (part of the reason why I left so soon, I needed to get this done) then my parents on I got the ball rolling. This was going to be a two part process. First re-establish my citizenship then second apply and wait for a passport. Only things is that the consulate in Frankfurt can't do this, the consulate general in Berlin has to.
Don't you just love passport bureaucracy!
So I had to either find time to go with my mom to Berlin or go to Sweden directly and stay with my grandparents.
So I'm in SWEDEN! And I got my passport now! After all this trouble, paperwork, traveling, waiting. . . God has really opened the doors and I now hold the key to living and serving in Europe!

1 comment:

  1. Well at least you have an interesting Passport story to share. Haha. I'm glad to hear you are doing well and getting things all settled. Do you know when you'll be in Ireland? I hate that you are so far away, but stoked that you get to experience some great things and places, AND be used by God in people's lives out there. Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete