About Me

My photo
About me. . . I am a California native with strong European background and upbringing. I am a Christian who believes in being active in my faith. I have been involved with missions since 2003 and hope do continue doing this for the rest of my life. If you're reading this blog hopefully you know me or know of me and have taken an interest in following me and the work of God throughout Europe. Keep reading and checking in for updates! If you would like to receive my newsletter personally please email me! aansofie.guzik@gmail.com

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Purging

So I like to save things. I like to save everything. I have to save everything.
I think it's a neurological condition, I wonder what Dr. House would say. . .

Anyway, I realize my condition and how potentially fatal it can be. So periodically I go though my things and get rid of my once precious and vital possessions. I decide to do this with the boxes I had stored in my parents attic. What I found was 4 boxes of mementos of my past. Scraps of papers, 11th grade essays, swimming caps, sugar packets and a billion postcards.
After 2 days of shunning the outdoors I am proud to say that I fit 8 years of my life in to 5 shoe boxes. boxes small enough to fit into 1 large box.
Needless to say I am quite proud of myself (an so are my parents)!
It feels good to go though things, let go of memories not needed, remember things I needed to and neatly tuck everything away where it belongs.
Go me!

No comments:

Post a Comment