About Me

My photo
About me. . . I am a California native with strong European background and upbringing. I am a Christian who believes in being active in my faith. I have been involved with missions since 2003 and hope do continue doing this for the rest of my life. If you're reading this blog hopefully you know me or know of me and have taken an interest in following me and the work of God throughout Europe. Keep reading and checking in for updates! If you would like to receive my newsletter personally please email me! aansofie.guzik@gmail.com

Monday, February 14, 2011

Photo Reflections of Cali #2 (minus the photos)

So I don't have any pictures of Christmas since my mom took them all! I wasn't able to get them off her camera because she lost it at Magic Mountain (they found it and sent it to us praise God!) so for a week when I could have downloaded the pics the camera was mia.

But... Christmas! It was a 3 days event! Our family traditionally does everything on Christmas Eve but Calvary Santa Barbara was putting on a huge production, actually 2! A christmas play and then my dad did a message. Plus it was at a real theater downtown! So Christmas Eve my family, myself and Nathan's girlfriend Cera opened presents, had an early dinner, then got ready for the event. We had to get a bit dressed up so Cera and I spent some fun girl time in the bathroom curling our hair and putting on makeup. Then when we got to the theater we were shown our seats and we were sitting in those raised box alcove seats! I've never sat in the box before! I felt like character in a Austen novel, although usually the rich characters were not the nicest so never mind. The play was amazing and dad's message was great. But as there were two performances my brother, Cera and I hoped in the car and went home to have some dessert. Then Cera had to go to her mom's house and Jonathan and I watched tv. Mom and dad came home, then Nathan and we probable ate some more then we went to bed.

Christmas day just so happens to be Nathan's birthday! Another tradition in our family is breakfast in bed on your birthday. Since the emptying of the Guzik nest there hasn't been a birthday breakfast in bed in I don't know how many years. So it was really special to be able to all be together for this. What you do is walking into the birthday-ee's room carrying a tray of their requested breakfast foods and everyone sings "Happy Birthday". Then you watch them eat, take pictures of their "just woken up" sate and hand them gifts in between bits of lucky charms and french toast. It is loads of fun! Then we kinda just chilled the rest of the day. Nathan went to spend some of the day with Cera's family.

In the evening Jonathan and I went to our uncle's house in Ventura where the Guzik clan was gathering for the sake of the cousins to see each other. Hannah now lives in Oregon, Sam in Washington, Josiah goes to school in San Diego, I'm in Ireland, Nathan in L.A., Jonathan had been in Germany, Melissa, Mark live in Carlsbad. So needless to ay we don't get together very often. My Aunt Carrie made food, we ate said food. Then we played games and watched old movies of us as kids! Oh, I forgot to mention, Nathan joined us! So were were all together!

Almost done! This was a three day event remember!

The day after Christmas there was church in the morning. That was fun because I ran into so many people that I remembered from my time in SB! We went home and then had a traditional Swedish Christmas Smorgasbord! Pickled herring, hard boiled eggs, crisp bread, meatballs, potatoes, pickles, smoked cheese. Amazing! We opened a few more gifts, ate more sweet things and then Nathan had to go home.

the best thing of all was being with my family. Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment