About Me

My photo
About me. . . I am a California native with strong European background and upbringing. I am a Christian who believes in being active in my faith. I have been involved with missions since 2003 and hope do continue doing this for the rest of my life. If you're reading this blog hopefully you know me or know of me and have taken an interest in following me and the work of God throughout Europe. Keep reading and checking in for updates! If you would like to receive my newsletter personally please email me! aansofie.guzik@gmail.com

Friday, February 11, 2011

Photo Reflection of Cali #1


I have to admit two of the things I was most looking forward to on my great big trip to California the past Christmas were 1. The Beach and 2. Driving.

True there is coast and beaches in Ireland but they are not the same. It is almost never hot or even sunny. You would never dream of getting in the water. When I lived in California I would make it to the beach a couple times a month. Even it just to sit and watch the waves. Being near the ocean make me feel closer to God somehow and being in California, especially Santa Barbara is just glorious.

So nice! And this was December!
Then there is DRVING! I actually don't drive in Ireland at all. Once I moved someone car back and forth while they were on vacation but that is it. I can drive, I can even drive manual cars so that's not the issue. But I'm actually terrified to drive in a right-side driver car. The pedals are the same but the shifting feels totally weird. I know all it would take is practice but since I can't afford to have a car here anyway, why bother! So I was very happy to come to California and drive! And not just get from A to B but to drive the short stretch between Ventura and Santa Barbara. I think it is the prettiest drive ever. I'm sure there are ones more lovely but not to me!

This is the view while you drive!
Combine it with some great music and nothing makes me more content!
Oh yeah! I'm driving!
So this is post one of my trip! I finally got my pictures sorted and I can't wait to start reminiscing!


1 comment:

  1. lovely! i enjoyed my drive along the coast with you :) xx!

    ReplyDelete