About Me

My photo
About me. . . I am a California native with strong European background and upbringing. I am a Christian who believes in being active in my faith. I have been involved with missions since 2003 and hope do continue doing this for the rest of my life. If you're reading this blog hopefully you know me or know of me and have taken an interest in following me and the work of God throughout Europe. Keep reading and checking in for updates! If you would like to receive my newsletter personally please email me! aansofie.guzik@gmail.com

Monday, August 15, 2011

Just Sit

So I haven't blogged in two weeks because I have been on the road! I'm writing now from the Missions Conference in Austria and I just thought I'd post quickly before bed!
This is my 6th time at this conference in the last 8 years and every time God is just here! I don't realize how much I need this until I'm actually here. Of course I get fed and worship and fellowship at home in Cork, but I'm also working. I'm making sure that the tea and coffee it set out, that the church is clean, that Eoin is ok, that the tithe gets counted and a dozen other things. But here, here I have no responsibility but to be a the feet of Jesus. And it just hit me tonight at the evening session.
I just felt God just saying, "sit, sit at my feet"; so I sat during worship. Then He said, "no, sit at my feet" and I just knelt on the floor as tears of relief streamed down my cheeks.
Don't get me wrong, I love what I do and I'm not too busy, but it's just rare to get a chance to truly set aside all cares and duties and just sit.
So please as you read this this week, just pray for me. Pray that God would speak to me and just take me under His wing.
There is wifi here so I'll try to post again if I can!

And thank you to all those who have been praying for my feet! I was really worried for this trip, with lots of walking and traveling but they are doing great! I still have to be careful and not overdo it but I was expecting to be in pain and they are only sore instead of that stabbing pain! Praise God!

1 comment:

  1. so blessed to read this. i'll keep praying that the Lord will bless you immensely this week! and so thankful to hear about your feet- i was meaning to ask the other night when we chatted. God is good!! xxx

    ReplyDelete