About Me

My photo
About me. . . I am a California native with strong European background and upbringing. I am a Christian who believes in being active in my faith. I have been involved with missions since 2003 and hope do continue doing this for the rest of my life. If you're reading this blog hopefully you know me or know of me and have taken an interest in following me and the work of God throughout Europe. Keep reading and checking in for updates! If you would like to receive my newsletter personally please email me! aansofie.guzik@gmail.com

Monday, November 23, 2009

Pre-New Years Resolutions

So I have this blog, and I want to use it to just tell what goes on in my day. The problem is I never blog! But I think about what I would blog all the time! While I walk various places about town I write blogs in my head. Then I get home and forget all about it! The internet can just jack in to my brian right?!
So here we go, my pre-New Years resolution. To blog twice a week until the end of the year. (Depending on how that goes we'll see what my actual New Years resolution is!)

Blog #1 for this week:

This week has been busy and crazy! We had a children's ministry meeting on Sunday. I'm in charge of lesson plans and crafts. I have 4 completely done and 3 more in progress! The crafts are so cute! We are going through Mark and the Fruits of the Spirit. The craft for Jesus' baptism is a paper plate with a slit in the middle in which a paper man goes in and out of! up and down, up and down! I'm having so much fun!
My landlady has a 9 month old daughter and upon hearing that I
made excellent sugar cookies asked me to make some for the christening! I thought she was just saying that but she was serious! So I made 80 sugar cookies and decorated each on! And of course true to my obsessiveness, no 2 were decorated alike! I also made 100 oatmeal cookies, all crispy and buttery! 180 cookies! She paid me 50 euros! The materials were about 20E and so I made 30E!
Which really helped out cause Eoin had his birthday party this Sunday as well and I made food for that! Plus gifts and such, so really, making those cookies gave me the money for Eoin that I didn't have before! Praise God for providing in miraculous ways!
So Eoin's birthday was a Peter Pan themed party, so much fun! So I made "Hook is a CodFish" Smoked trout cheese log and "Tiger Lily's" Chicken Curry Teepee Sandwiches! I had so much fun shaping the cheese into a fish and decorating each sandwich as a teepee! And the party was a blast! It was actually a joint birthday party for one of my new friends Jacqueline! She dressed up as Tinker Bell and Eoin was Peter Pan, Mike was Captain Hook, Rachel was Wendy, Aaron was a Lost Boy, Ann was Tinker Bell #2, Ester was Tiger Lily, Shane and Katie were Pirates, and I was some semblance of a pirate with a striped shirt, red shirt and black boots!

And then in the midst of all this there was the flood! But I'm tired of typing! I'm not used to this yet! So I will get to that later today I promise!

1 comment:

  1. aw, aan-sofie! your blog made me so happy. you're a creating machine, with all your baking and decorating and crafting and teepee shaping. :) what a great pre-new years resolution. i might just have to copy your idea. and i've heard that the "rains came down and the floods came up" in cork... :( hope you've got some nice dry wellies to wear. i miss you!!!! we should have a skype date if you ever have a spare few minutes.
    xo! annie.

    ReplyDelete